My Silverlight Show Featured Article Series on Silverlight 5
In case you missed it I have a 10-part series on Silverlight 5 on SilverlightShow.net. In this extensive guide to Silverlight 5 I give a step-by-step introduction to Silverlight 5 and dives into the features most important to a Silverlight developer.
You can check out the first 3 parts now and I will be adding a new one each week.
The Roadmap for this Series
I’ve included the Roadmap for the series below as you may want to visit other sections as you learn Silverlight 5. I picked the following features as I thought that you may find them useful in your day-to-day work. If you want a specific topic covered then please leave it in the comments below.
1) Introduction to SL5 – This post which provides a brief history of Silverlight and relevant links.
2) Binding - Ancestor Relative Source Binding and Implicit Data Templates.
3) Graphics –XNA 3D API and Improved Graphics Stack.
4) Media - Low-Latency Sound using XNA and Remote Control and Media Command (Keys) Support.
5) Text - Text Tracking and Leading Linked and Multi-column Text OpenType Support Pixel Snapped Text and TextOptions.
6) Operating System Integration Part 1 - P/Invoke Multiple Windows and Unrestricted File System Access in Full Trust.
7) Operating System Integration Part 2 - Default Filename for SaveFileDialog 64-bit browser support and Power Awareness.
8) Productivity and Performance - XAML Binding Debugging Parser Performance Improvements and Multi-core JIT for improved start-up time.
9) Controls - Double and Triple click support PivotViewer and ComboBox Type-Ahead.
10) Other items - In-Browser HTML PostScript and Tasks for TPL.
Other Resources by Me:
My webinar on “Getting started with the Silverlight 5 Beta”.
Leave a Comment