4 Formats: PDF, Word, EPUB, MOBI. (each format can be downloaded separately)
Number of pages: 60
Release date: January 2012.
Sponsored by Telerik
I’m late announcing it, but 10 Laps Around Silverlight 5 is available to download for FREE. This is a book that I worked on for approximately 10 weeks with the goal of teaching other developers all of the new features in Silverlight 5 in one short e-Book. If you want to learn about Silverlight 5, then go ahead and grab a copy and put it on your iPad, Kindle Fire, PC or other device and read a chapter a night. I hope you find the book useful and if you have any comments then please leave them below.
The Roadmap for the e-Book
Below you will find the list of topics that we discussed in this book. I tried to target the LOB developer and what features they would be interested in, but mixed in some XNA for those interested.
1. Introduction to SL5 – This post which provides a brief history of Silverlight and relevant links.
2. Binding - Ancestor Relative Source Binding and Implicit Data Templates.
3. Graphics –XNA 3D API and Improved Graphics Stack.
4. Media - Low-Latency Sound using XNA and Remote Control and Media Command (Keys) Support.
5. Text - Text Tracking and Leading, Linked and Multi-column Text, OpenType Support, Pixel Snapped Text and TextOptions.
6. Operating System Integration Part 1 - P/Invoke, Multiple Windows and Unrestricted File System Access in Full Trust.
7. Operating System Integration Part 2 - Default Filename for SaveFileDialog, 64-bit browser support and Power Awareness.
8. Productivity and Performance - XAML Binding Debugging, Parser Performance Improvements and Multi-core JIT for improved start-up time.
9. Controls - Double and Triple click support, PivotViewer and ComboBox Type-Ahead.
10. Other items - In-Browser HTML, PostScript and Tasks for TPL.
Last revised: 15 Jan, 2012 09:01 PM
No new comments are allowed on this post.